Our eating habits are one of the main contributors to global climate change. This has ultimately assisted in the deterioration of our planet’s natural environment. Research has shown us that this is primarily due to the high demand for agricultural products, putting immense pressure on the agricultural industry to modify its farming methods in order to satisfy our increase in food consumption; most notably our portioning of meat.
– A leading source of carbon-dioxide, nitrous-oxide, and methane emissions, the top three greenhouse gases.
– Responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.
– Estimated to be the direct driver for around 80% of deforestation worldwide
Livestock and their byproducts
– Account for at least 32 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.
– Responsible for 65% of all human-related emissions of nitrous oxide – a greenhouse gas with 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide, and which stays in the atmosphere for 150 years.
VIOS was born out of a need to bring recognition to the essence of food, and to showcase how our choice of food consumption is the most prevalent factor to sustain ourselves, and the earth’s ecosystems. We have done extensive research and partnered with nutritionists to create a framework for our food portioning, and to provide a menu that supplies various natural nutrients to optimize our body’s function. In doing so, VIOS strives to influence people to adopt a healthier lifestyle for their own well being, and in turn become a part in helping to sustain our planet’s future.
To date, the modern world’s eating habits have led to an epidemic of mental illnesses and diseases such as diabetes, obesity, and cancer. Further, our eating habits have directly led to the decline of our natural world - all of which are driven by our food choices and consumption rates.